Back Workouts Bellevue WA
Dick's Sporting Goods
12001 NE 12th St Ste 82
Fitness Outlet The
13407 NE 20th St
Puetz Golf Superstore
1645 140th Ave NE
2086 Bellevue Sq
1515 130th Ave NE
Sunset North Fitness Center
3060 139th Ave SE
13900 NE 20th St
Marmot Mountain Works
827 Bellevue Way NE
1034 116th Ave NE
Front Lat Pull Downs (works the shoulders, biceps forearms and back)
- Sit facing the cable stack with your knees under the bench supports.
- Grasp the bar attachment with a wider than shoulder-width overhand grip.
- Pull the cable down towards your upper chest/collar bone, arc your back and tilt your upper body back slightly as you bring the bar towards you.
- Return the bar by extending the arms and shoulders back out.
Variations of this exercise: seated lat raises, one-arm lat raise, standing lat raises.
Chin-ups (works the shoulders, biceps, back and chest)
- Step or jump up, grasping the chin bar with a wide grip, overhand grip (Figure 01).
- Pull body up with the shoulders, bending the elbows, until the chin is above the bar (Figure 02).
- Lower body back down until arms and shoulders are fully extended (Figure 01).
Variations of this exercise close-grip chin-up, underhand chin-up, pull-up.
Seated Cable Rows (works the entire back, biceps, chest and rear shoulders)
- Sit on the row platform with your knees bent.
- Lean forward at the waist and grasp the bar attachment with an overhand grip.
- The knees should be slightly bent.
- Pull cable attachment in towards your waist while leaning back and straightening the lower back.
- Return the cable by leaning back forward at the waist and extending the lower back, arms and shoulders.
Variations of this exercise: bent-over barbell row, seated high cable row, bent-over dumbbell row, lying dumbbell row.
After 4-6 weeks, change at least one of the following components:
- Type or Weight of Resistance
Click here to read the rest of this article from Fitness Gear 101