Exercise Ball Workouts Bellevue WA
Dick's Sporting Goods
Sunset North Fitness Center
3060 139th Ave SE
Puetz Golf Superstore
1645 140th Ave NE
1515 130th Ave NE
13900 NE 20th St
12001 NE 12th St Ste 82
Fitness Outlet The
13407 NE 20th St
Marmot Mountain Works
827 Bellevue Way NE
1034 116th Ave NE
Exercise Ball Workouts
Exercise Ball Workout
Oblique Lifts (works the obliques and abdominals)
- Lean your side against your stability ball so it's nestled into your hip (Figure 01).
- Bend your bottom knee for support and place your hands behind your head (Figure 02).
- Lift your torso off the ball, bend toward your hip (feel the squeeze in your side) (Figure 01).
- Repeat and switch sides.
Variations of this exercise: side floor crunches, twisting crunches, dumbbell side bends.
Incline Ball Pushups (works the chest, shoulders and triceps)
- Prop your shins and toes up on your stability ball (Figure 03).
- Place your hands on the floor a little wider-width apart (Figure 03).
- Keeping your tummy tight and your butt flat, slowly bend at the elbows lowering your upper body towards the floor (Figure 04).
- When elbows are bent at 90-degrees, push back up to starting position and repeat (Figure 03).
Variations of this exercise incline bench push-ups, weighted push-ups, classic floor push ups, modified (sissy push-ups), wall push-ups.
Wall Squats (works the glutes, quads, hamstrings, lower back and thighs)
- Place ball on a wall level with the small of your back (Figure 05).
- Lean against the ball (Figure 05).
- Lower your body to the floor, bending knees until they bend at 90-degree angles (Figure 06).
- Push through the heels back to starting position (Figure 05).
Variations of this exercise: barbell squats, body squats, hack squats, jump squats.
Seated Lateral Raises (works the entire shoulders and upper and mid-back)
- Sit on your stability ball, holding a dumbbell at each side (Figure 07).
- Raise your arms out straight (elbows loose) to shoulder level so your upper body forms a T
- Lower your arms back down to your sides and repeat (Figure 07).
Variations of this exercise: standing lat raise, one-arm lat raise, lat raise machine.
After 4-6 weeks, change at least one of the following components:
- Type or Weight of Resistance
Click here to read the rest of this article from Fitness Gear 101