Leg and Butt Workouts Duluth MN
Damage Board Shop
1904 W Superior St
W Trek Outfitters
230 E Superior St
600 E Superior St
365 Canal Park Dr
Mgl Fitness Incorporated
2820 Piedmont Ave
Barrys Lake Superior Charters
505 Woodland Ave
323 Harbor Dr
Duluth Running Company
1217 E Superior St
Great Lakes Fly Company
313 W Superior St
5675 Miller Trunk Hwy
Leg and Butt Workouts
Leg & Butt Workout
Barbell Squats (works the butt, quads, inner thighs, hamstrings, claves and lower back)
- Position barbell on the back of your shoulders, grasping it on both sides (Figure 01).
- Dismount barbell from rack (Figure 01).
- Stand with feet hip-width apart (Figure 01).
- Lower your body into squatting position until thighs are parallel with floor (Figure 02).
- Do this by jutting your butt out, keeping your back straight, your abs tight and knees behind your toes (Figure 01).
Variations of this exercise: chair/stool squats, wall squats, body squats.
Dumbbell Lunges (works the butt, quads, calves, inner thighs, hamstrings and lower back)
- Stand looking forward, holding dumbbells at your sides (Figure 03).
- Lunge forward with right leg, keeping the left foot planted (Figure 04).
- Lower your body down into a lunge by bending the right knee and hip forward until the left knee almost touches the floor (Figure 05).
- Force your body up by extending the right hip and knee (push through the foot) (Figure 03).
- Repeat with alternating lunges.
Variations of this exercise barbell lunges, reverse lunges, side lunges, cable lunges.
Stiff-Legged Deadlifts (works the butt, lower back, inner thighs, hamstrings and quads)
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart (Figure 06).
- Hold the bar in front of your thighs with arms extended (elbows loose) (Figure 06).
- Keeping your back flat and abs tight, tip your hips and lower your torso forward until the bar is level with your mid-shin (Figure 07).
- Squeeze through the butt to raise the bar up (Figure 06).
- Keep the bar close to your legs through the exercise
Variations of this exercise: stability ball chest fly, peck deck fly, decline cable chest fly, standing cable chest fly, seated cable chest fly.
After 4-6 weeks, change at least one of the following components:
- Type or Weight of Resistance
Click here to read the rest of this article from Fitness Gear 101