Weigh Loss Centers Washington DC
Bailey'S Crossroads, VA
15 easy tips
WebMD.com recently shared their “Top 15 Diet Tips” with readers. What I love about these tips is that they are realistic, which means they encourage healthy eating habits, not deprivation. Healthy habits will encourage gradual, safe weight loss that can be maintained for life!
- Drink lots of water. If you don’t like plain ol’ water, add a lemon or some fresh berries, or stick to other calorie-free herbal teas and beverages.
- Ask yourself: “Which healthy foods can I add to my diet?” instead of “What should I take out of my diet?” I love this approach because it’s not about depriving yourself.
- Before you eat, ask yourself, “Am I really hungry?”
- Choose light snacks in the evening hours.
- Make sure to treat yourself to your favorite foods, in moderation.
- Don’t keep sweets and junk food in your home; this way you’ll have to actually leave the house to get it.
- Eat 5 to 6 small meals per day.
- Incorporate lean protein into every meal.
- Keep meals interesting by using exotic spices (most have 0 calories and 0 fats)!
- Keep healthy pre-packed food in small containers in your fridge (raw veggies, fruit salad, veggie chili, etc.)
- Order a salad and a healthy appetizer in lieu of a full-sized meal at restaurants.
- Buy fruits and veggies that are in season. This will keep your meals fresh, healthy and interesting.
- Bulk up on vegetables in lieu of carbohydrates (rice, potatoes and pasta) in your meals. Swap white pasta, ri...