Rowing Machines Louisville KY
Rowing machines offer the benefit of an all-over workout with little impact on the joints, and they're something teens to seniors can use.
Still, using a rowing machine isn't as easy as it looks, they take coordination and practice. Die-hard rowers like that the exercise because it's self-paced and you can row as hard or as easily as you like.
A good rowing machine simulates the experience of rowing a scull in open water. You glide back and forth on a seat as you draw the pulleys back in a traditional rowing movement. You can change the resistance and speed as your fitness level advances.
Vigorous rowing is an effective calorie burner; which can sweat off up to 800 calories per hour. In addition to the aerobic benefits, rowing machines are also excellent for strength training the arms backs, shoulders and abs. Rowing has little to no impact on the joints, but users can hyperextend the back. Also, it is important to keep elbows in tight to the body.
Rowing machines can be made with cheap hydraulic pistons or with expensive flexible graphite composite with water-filled flywheel tanks that actually simulate rowing on water. More expensive programmable rowing machines, that simulate gym-quality rowers, offer a number of pre-set program options that display time, stroke count, strokes per minute and calories burned. Plus, many home row machines fold for storage.
Rowing machines range from about $600 to $3,000 range for models.
When shopping ...
FEATURES: Solid Steel Frame; Compact and Portable; Folds for easy storage; Comfortable contoured seat; Adjustable resistance; Fitness digital monitor; Dimensions: 43" L X 23" W; Some assembly required; Owner's manual included
- Solid Steel Frame
- Comfortable contoured seat
- Adjustable resistance
- Digital monitor
- Dimensions: 43" L X 23"
- 12 levels of adjustable resistance
- Comfortable, smooth running seat
- Pivoting foot plates for added comfort
- Adjustable foot straps
- Electronic monitor displays time, count, total count, calories burned, scan
- Features a smooth and quiet eddy current drive system with a 16.5-pound flywheel
- Solid steel frame; assembled dimensions measure 87 by 19 by 23 inches (L x W x H)
- Folds to 34 by 19 by 64 inches (L x W x H) for easy storage
- Three-LCD console provides distance, calories, time, strokes, and strokes per minute workout feedback
- 300-pound maximum user weight; five-year frame warranty, two-year parts warranty, and one-year labor warranty
- Recipient of the 2008 Gear Awards Seal of Excellence