Running Boulder City NV
Boulder City, NV
Golf Hitting Cage, Golf Trade-In Program, Hunting and Fishing Licenses, Delivery & Assembly
Monday - Saturday: 9:00am - 9:30pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 8:00pm
Holiday hours may vary.
I never used to be concerned with running safety until a few years back when I moved. I was suddenly in an unfamiliar neighborhood, with unfamiliar streets and unfamiliar people on those streets. I had never experienced the slightest hesitation going for a run in the dark in my old neighborhood, but suddenly I wasn’t so sure.
That’s why I’m offering the following running safety running tips. These should be considered by anyone running alone – women or men! We all know how great it is to get outdoors for a jog, but keep your safety in mind first and foremost.
- Try to solicit a running partner – especially if you like to run in the dark, at dusk or at twilight.
- Always tell someone at home where you’re running and when you’ll be back.
- Carry your I.D. and some change for an emergency phone call.
- Carry a noisemaker with you, such as a whistle, a personal security alarm, etc.
- When running alone, refrain from wearing earphones.
- Avoid lonely trails and unlit areas at night and twilight / dusk.
- Never run the same route.
- Always stay alert in your environment – which means don’t wear your iPod! Note who is around you, and stare people in the face as they come towards you.
- Run near public sites that are bustling with some type of activity. Stay away from parked cars, bushes and dark alleys – remember there is safety in numbers.
- Trust your intuition – if you feel uncomfortable, get out of the area immediately.
- Always run towards...