Strength Training Gardnerville NV
Carson City, NV
Stay fit and injury-free
I know that weight / strength training is not everyone’s cup of tea, but I deem it necessary for anyone who wants to stay fit and injury-free. Proper strength training will improve muscle tone, correct any muscular imbalances over time, add strength to your cardiovascular program and will increase your body’s lean mass, leading to an overall increase in your metabolism. If your workout consists almost entirely of cardio and you are interested in incorporating some strength work into your program, read on!
Full-Body Strength Circuit
1. This routine is to be performed as a circuit, meaning little to no rest between exercises. When you’re finished one exercise, move right on to the next one.
2. Each exercise should be performed for 15 to 20 reps, so choose weights that are appropriate for the rep range. You want to be able to do at least 15 reps, but not much more than 20. The exceptions are push-ups and burpees, which require only your body weight. For these two exercises, go to failure.
3. The entire circuit should take less than 15 minutes to complete. If you are doing this circuit more than once, do 5 minutes of moderate-to-hard intensity cardio at the end of the circuit before starting again.
- Lunges (with dumbbells)
- Lat pull-down
- Wall squat (with stability ball and dumbbells)
- Triceps extension
- Biceps curls (with dumbbells or barbell)
- Hamstring curls (with stability ball)