Resistance Chairs Cheyenne WY
Check Mate Hockey & Lacrosse
203 W 17th St
3415 Ridge Rd
Foot of the Rockies
1740 Dell Range Blvd Ste D
Bicycle Station Inc
2634 Dell Range Blvd Unit Main
610 E 27th St
Frontier Mall, 1400 Del Range Boulevard
Golf Hitting Cage, Golf Trade-In Program, Firearms/Hunting, Hunting and Fishing Licenses
Monday - Saturday: 9:00am - 9:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 6:00pm Mall store hours may vary.
3415 Ridge Rd
1400 Dell Range Blvd Spc 51
5313 Yellowstone Rd
Upper Body Workouts
Upper Body Workout
dumbbell Chest Fly (works the chest, shoulders and biceps)
- Grasp 2 dumbbells and lie flat on a bench.
- Support dumbbells over chest, palms facing eachother (Figure 01).
- Lower dumbbells to the side until you feel stretch in your chest (Figure 02).
- Push dumbbells together in a hugging motion (Figure 01).
- Extend the arms back up and repeat.
Variations of this exercise: the guillotine, decline bench press, lying fly.
Push-ups (works the chest, shoulders, biceps and triceps)
- Lie on the floor with your hands wider than shoulder width and your bottom half propped up on your toes (Figure 03).
- Lower your body down by bending the elbows at 90-degrees (don't stick your bum in the air or let your middle sag) (Figure 04).
- Push your upper body up by extending your arms and repeat (Figure 03).
Variations of this exercise chest press, stability ball push-up, weighted push-up, decline push-up.
Bicep Curls (works the biceps, forearms and shoulders)
- Hold barbell in front of your body, arms extended in an underhand grip (Figure 05).
- With elbows glued to your sides, curl the barbell up towards your shoulder (Figure 06).
- Lower it and repeat (Figure 05).
Variations of this exercise: concentration curls, cable curls, biceps machine.
Bench Dips (works the triceps, shoulders and chest)
- Grab the end of one bench and support your heels on an adjacent bench (Figure 07).
- Bend your elbows to lower yourself towards the ground until your rear almost touches or when your elbows bend at 90-degrees (Figure 08).
- Raise body by pushing up with your arms and repeat (Figure 07).
Variations of this exercise: triceps dips (station), triceps pull downs, tri extensions.
After 4-6 weeks, change at least one of the following components:
- Type or Weight of Resistance
Click here to read the rest of this article from Fitness Gear 101