Walking Gear Cleveland OH
Highland Heights, OH
North Olmsted, OH
Mayfield Heights, OH
Bait & Tackle
Prices and/or Promotions
12.00 per unit (4 bait bags)
Walking - Hit the Hills
Hit the hills
It’s important that you keep good posture in mind when you hit the pavement, beach or hiking trail. You can injure yourself if you don’t practice safe walking posture. For those of you looking to shed some of that excess winter weight, here are some of my favorite safety walking tips:
- Proper posture. Don’t slouch as you walk, it puts excess strain on your lower back and shoulders. Instead, use this time to be mindful of proper posture – head forward, chin up, shoulders up and comfortably back.
- Tackle some hills. Walking is an excellent way to get the blood circulating in your legs and entire body, but if you want to kick things up a notch, add some resistance by tackling some hills on your walking route.
- Get your whole body involved. Don’t just let your arms hang limp at your sides, get them pumping to the rhythm of your pace. Maybe even add some wrist and ankle weights for resistance.
- Wear sun protection. Use sunglasses to protect your eyes and apply a sunscreen that’s at least 30 SPF, 30 minutes before heading outside.
- Stay hydrated. Your water bottle is your best friend while hiking. Remember to stay hydrated during your workouts.