Wrist Exercises Ansonia CT
Circuit Training, Elliptical Trainers, Free Weights, Personal Training, Pilates, Stair Climber, Stationary Bikes, Towel Service, Treadmill, Weight Machines
Aerobics, Body Sculpting, Cardio Equipment, Cardio Equipment, Circuit Training, Group Exercise Studio, Gym Classes, Gym Equipment, Gym Sports, Silver Sneakers, Zumba
New Haven, CT
Get those wrists sweating
When you go to the gym you do a warm-up to prevent injury. It makes sense, right? Well, what about doing a warm-up before you sit down at your desk for yet another day of working on the computer? If you’re not buying it, think again. When you warm-up in the gym, you reduce risk of injury by preparing your body for the stress you’re going to put it under.
I know that typing all day doesn’t sound too strenuous, but it actually is, especially on your wrists. Doing some easy stretches and exercises for a couple of minutes each day can alleviate some of that stress and prevent you from developing carpal tunnel syndrome or other repetitive-use injuries.
To perform a short and easy warm-up, follow the instructions below:
- Start with your arms straight, at shoulder height and parallel to the ground. Extend both wrists with fingers straight, as if your hands are pushing against a wall. Hold for a count of 5.
- Keeping arms straight, straighten both wrists and relax fingers.
- Make a tight fist (arms are still straight).
- Flex wrists downward while keeping the fist (arms still straight). Hold for a count of 5.
- Keeping arms straight, straighten wrists and relax fingers. Hold for a count of 5.
- Drop arms loosely to sides and shake them for a few seconds.
This routine should be performed 10 times each day before you start work.