Yoga Accessories Merrimack NH
Golf Day Shop, Golf Simulator, Golf Trade-In Program, Ski-Snowboard Rentals & Jr. Season Lease, Ski-Snowboard/Bike Tech Shop, Delivery & Assembly
Monday - Saturday: 9:00am - 9:30pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 8:00pm
Holiday hours may vary.
When you become Zen-like while practicing some yoga, you need to focus on your breathing and pose, not on your yoga mat. The main purpose of a yoga mat is to provide a safe and stable surface for standing and balancing while you perform your yoga poses.
Before dedicating your body, mind and spirit to one yoga mat, you'll want to look a bit deeper into its aura I mean it's construction. When you're at the store don't be afraid to test the yoga mat in the following ways before you buy:
- Lay the mat flat on the floor after it's been rolled up to test if it remains flat.
- Test the mat for traction by laying it on the concrete or wood floor. Stand on it and shift your weight back and forth to see if it stays in place.
- Take your shoes off and test if your feet stick to the mat uncomfortably. Yoga movements should be fluid so a mat sticking to your feet could encumber your Zen-ness.
- If you like one mat in particular, carry it around while you browse to test its weight.
- Inquire about the manufacturer's warranty.
- Many yogis are in tune with nature. Therefore, feel free to inquire if the mat is environmentally friendly?
- Pinch the mat between your fingers to test its resistance to compression.
- Sprinkle some water on the mat (to simulate sweat) and smooth your hand along its surface to test its traction when wet.
- If you plan to travel with the mat find one with a strapped carrying case for easy mobility.
The majority of yoga mats are ...